Good For Her Feminist Porn Awards: April 8th & April 9th, 2010
The EFA will honor emerging talent in the field of feminist porn production by offering monetary scholarship to an individual who is breaking boundaries, creating sexy feminist porn and who is committed to the representation of women and alternative sexualities in erotic media. Each year, Good For Her will strive to select new, up and coming talent with the hopes of creating more accessible opportunities for those whom are traditionally challeng ed by the process of securing finances for their creative projects.
The EFA is intended for the completion of a film project to be released for film screening and/or DVD distribution in 2010-2011. The EFA is intended for individuals working on their first erotic film project(s) only.
- Filmmakers must be 19 years old and must submit proof of age with application (Copy of valid Drivers License and/or Passport)
- Filmmakers must not have won a previous FPA award
- Filmmakers must not currently have a distribution deal.
- Filmmakers must submit a written personal statement out lining their current and/or proposed creative project(s). Personal statements must illuminate the ways in which the proposed work will contribute to feminist porn as a genre. We want to know what you are planning on doing, how you plan to do it and why you think it’s sexy!
- Good For Her will ask for material from winner to be shown at Awards Ceremony which may or may not include video acceptance speech, current project reel and/or clips. Written statements and image to be provided by winner for use in online and print promotional material for Good For Her and sponsoring companies.
- All applicants will be notified by e-mail when material is received by Good For Her and winners will not be announced to the public until the Awards ceremony on April 9th, 2010. Should the winner of the EFA be unable to attend the awards, Good For Her reserves the right to request a video acceptance speech prior to the event, to be submitted by winner no later than February 15, 2010.
- The costs of sending the DVD will be covered by the film-maker. We will not accept deliveries that have not been paid for. We will not be able to send any submitted work back, so do not send any masters/originals.
- The filmmaker also agrees that clippings of the film (up to 40%) may be shown on TV or online in press coverage of the event without further agreements.
- The film-makers have to confirm that neither Good For Her nor the sponsor can be sued by third parties regarding the rights of this film and accept full liability for the submission of this film which is under their copyright.
- The film-maker agrees with the submission of the film and submission form that they (the applicant) accept the rules of this competition.
The official nomination period for consideration for the Good for Her Feminist Porn Awards opens November 1 and will close on January 22, 2010. Entrants should send personal statements and all applicable applicant material to: 175 Harbord Street Toronto ON M5S 1H3 Canada
PLEASE NOTE THAT NO ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED, ALL APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SENT BY MAIL. Good For Her is unable to return application materials submitted for consideration.